Nothing makes me happier than when my oil obsession gets together with my craving to craft, and an oily creation is made. This reed diffuser is a super easy and pretty way to use your oils aromatically, when the diffuser isn’t an option (like in the bathroom or a cubicle). It also makes an excellent gift on its own or with a bottle of oil. Christmas is just days away…if you still need to gift a teacher, co-worker, or customer this is a simple way to do so!
DIY Essential Oil Diffuser
What you will need:
- Reed diffuser sticks (I bought these from Amazon).
- Glass bottle with a narrow opening. I bought these on Amazon, but Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree have great options too.
- 1/4 cup carrier oil, like almond or fractionated coconut oil.
- 1 tsp rubbing alcohol (at least 90%).
- 15-20 drops essential oil of your choice (these are the essential oils I love).
Mix the carrier and essential oils together in the bottle, along with the alcohol.
Place the diffuser sticks inside the bottle. The oils will travel up the sticks and after a few hours you will be able to smell the scent.
Refresh the scent by flipping the sticks over every few days.
Decorate your bottle with flowers, bows, ribbons, bells, or vinyl cutouts to match the season or your decor.
- Try Christmas Spirit, Lemon & Lavender, Stress Away, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Orange & Cinnamon. The possibilities are endless!
- Be sure to keep out of reach of small children and pets.
- Once the sticks have become saturated you will need to replace them.
- You can omit the alcohol.
- Avoid using a heavier oil, like jojoba or olive oil, as it will not easily travel up the sticks.